The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
The CILT is the pre-eminent independent professional body for individuals associated with logistics, supply chains and all transport throughout their careers.
As the focus for professional excellence and the development of the most modern techniques in logistics and transport, the Institute aims to encourage the adoption of policies that are both efficient and sustainable.
Mission – we aim to…
facilitate the development of personal and professional excellence* to encourage the development of leading-edge thinking and best practice in logistics, supply-chains and all transport* to provide relevant and valued services to members and employers
Values – to provide…
- professional integrity and excellence
- quality support and service for members
- relevance and value for money
- breadth and quality of membership
Our 20,000 members benefit in a multitude of ways…
Professional Development and Qualifications
- professional qualifications from introductory levels through to MSc; Continuing Professional Development to record your personal career development; mentoring from experienced professionals in your area of operation; training courses, including the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
Professional Sectors and Forums
- join the Institute in your specific area of interest for tailored information, events and networking. Our eight Professional Sectors cover Supply Chain; Transport Planning; Rail; Active Travel and Travel Planning; Bus & Coach; Ports Maritime and Waterways; Freight Forwarding; and Aviation. Between them they cover 34 specialist Forums, including customs, manufacturing, warehousing, RFID, aviation, outsourcing and freight, to name but a few.
Events and Awards
- national events and lectures, such as the Institute’s Annual Convention and Exhibition; Sir Robert Reid rail lecture and Annual Awards for Excellence; Faculty and Forum events in specific areas of interest; and regional events held in your local area. The Institute holds around 300 events each and every year and these provide excellent opportunities for learning, personal development and invaluable networking.
The Knowledge Centre
- Europe’s largest logistics and transport library, accessible in person or online – including ‘The Knowledge Bank’ with remote access to full text articles from more than 4,000 trade journals, 600 abstracted journals, over 1,100 country economic reports, 10,000 company profiles and 1,600 reports from Datamonitor.
‘Logistics & Transport Focus’
- 12-times-yearly magazine including articles, case studies and information covering all aspects of the supply chain; news from the logistics and transport sectors; institute news; industry jobs and much more…